Support for enterprise and career development
The Swansea Employability Academy will be a significant force for economic growth, through:
- developing highly skilled, talented and employable global graduates
- encouraging entrepreneurial skills and attitudes
- supporting new enterprise development
- promoting employee learning
The Academy works in partnership with the Careers and Employability Service who provide:
- one-to-one advice and guidance
- online access to jobs and work experience opportunities
- the Swansea Employability Award
- information resources and online career management toolkits
- an annual programme of workshops, talks and other events including the annual Careers Fair.
Visit the Careers and Employability Service's work placements page for information about, and details of how to apply for, Week Of Work (WOW) placements and the Swansea Paid Internship Network (SPIN).
Swansea Employability Academy invites YOU to support our students by providing relevant and interesting work experience opportunities, so that students learn to respond and adapt to new challenges, circumstances and cultures
The Swansea Employability Academy has appointed Employability Directors in every College, who lead a team which will help students at all levels of study to reach their potential- whether that is through a job, self employment or further study.
Swansea Employability Academy will promote new initiatives, showcase good practice and provide opportunities for students to improve skills and record achievements using the Higher Education Achievement Report.
The annual 'Employability Week' will provide workshops and events where students will enhance their sound platform of core graduate competencies such as teamwork, communication, presentation skills, project management and professionalism.
Students will be able to select 'Global Graduate' modules to add in to the curriculum, so that, over and above the core graduate competencies, they will develop a global mindset and knowledge, with cultural agility.
Download the agenda for the launch of the Swansea Employability Academy.