Postgrad & International Students

Applying for Accommodation

Our Accommodation

We have a mixture of accommodation and housing options available: 

  • Bay Campus - The new Campus for Engineering and Management students, the new halls run by St. Modwen Student Living, all ensuite* rooms, some 1 & 2 Bed Flats available.
  • Beck House - Has a range of accommodation from standard, ensuite* rooms, couples, and family flats. Beck is our most popular choice for Postgraduate, Mature, Couples and students with families.
  • HSV - Hendrefoelan Student Village - Our cheapest accommodation option - 7-bed flats available for 51-weeks.  Standard rooms only, flats share bathrooms and kitchen facilities. Flats are for Postgraduate or Mature students.
  • Singleton Park Campus - Ensuite* accommodation with shared kitchens is available on campus for Postgraduate and Mature students.
  • SAS lettings - Manages and advertises private houses and flats in the local area. 
  • Studentpad - An online house-hunting and search facility where you can view properties and arrange a viewing directly with the landlord.

Ensuite* - these are rooms with private bathrooms.  Rooms and kitchens in residences are fully furnished. Find out what's included and what you'll need to bring with you seePreparing for arrival

If you are coming to Swansea with the help of an agent, you may need to speak to them about your accommodation application. For more information, please see our: Applying for Accommodation 

Applying & Contracts

Once you have your 6 digit student number, you can apply for accommodation. Please see: Applying for accommodation for more information.

Most of our rooms are for the academic year, which is 40 weeks, however, as a postgraduate, your studies may last for a whole year.  We have a number of postgraduate rooms for 51 weeks to suit the length of your study.  

When you apply for accommodation, you'll be able to state your preferred option.  Please think carefully whether you need a 40 or 51-week room before applying - once you've moved in you'll be committed for the full length of your contract.  

University Residences

  • Rooms in our residences are offered and accepted for the full academic year and you must sign a legally binding contract before moving in.
  • Our brochure - Accommodating Success 2017 tells you about university residences and what to expect from student accommodation.
  • Once you sign a contract and move into your accommodation, you are committed to the fees until the end of the tenancy.
  • For complete information on our residences please click here.

*Postgraduate / Mature Flat Allocations

Mature students are categorised as age 21+ and are housed together with other Mature undergraduates. Where possible, we allocate groups as close together in age as possible and on the same year of a course.  

Tenancy end date

  • Postgraduate students should note the end date of their tenancy as they will be required to move out of the accommodation by 10 am on this date
  • Some postgraduate students occasionally request to stay for additional days/weeks for academic reasons. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer this option as we are obliged to ensure that the accommodation is prepared and available for the arrival of the new intake of students. 

Overseas Students

Please refer to our Allocations Policy for full details of eligibility

International and European Postgraduate Students

It can be difficult for overseas students to visit University Residences so we have online resources to help.  

You may have no experience of life in the UK. It can be hard to adjust to sharing a home with people you don't know, particularly if you are from different cultural backgrounds. Compromise is important at times to live happily together.

Living in shared university accommodation does not suit everyone: there are certain rules and regulations to follow. 

Some students prefer to live in private housing and the University's own lettings agency, SAS Lettings can help you in your search if this is the option you choose.  Visit SAS' website.

  • Priority for University residences is given to international postgraduate students
  • All international and European postgraduate students are eligible to apply for university accommodation
  • Postgraduate / Mature Flat Allocations
    • Mature students are categorised as age 21+ and are housed together with other Mature undergraduates, where possible, we allocate groups as close together in age as possible and on the same year of a course.  

Postgraduate Students

  • Rooms will be available in university residences for UK postgraduate students on all sites within the options shown above.
  • Additionally, SAS Lettings, (Student Accommodation Services) will assist UK postgraduate students to find private sector housing.


Site Information Table

When will I receive an offer of accommodation?

Masters, Phd, Postgraduate, Diploma & ELTS students:

  • You will receive an offer of accommodation when you have an unconditional offer to study at the University. 
  • You do not need to let us know when your offer becomes unconditional
  • If you have applied by the 5th July and are Unconditional by that date you can expect to receive an offer on Wednesday 19th July
  • If you have applied by the 1st August and are Unconditional by that date you can expect to receive an offer on Wednesday 23rd August
  • Offers will then go out weekly on Wednesdays

We do not guarantee any students any particular residence, the guarantee means that if you applied by 30th June and have a firm offer of accommodation we will accommodate you as close as possible to your chosen accommodation.  The guarantee is for single room accommodation only and does not extend to Family, Couples or adapted accommodation.  

Let us know how we can improve our information!

We are really passionate about providing as much information to make the move to university as easy as possible. Whilst we can't change everything, the things that we can, we try to do as quickly and effectively as possible and regularly update our website and communications following enquiries and feedback.  

Let us know if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback on how you think we can improve our services: Please click here to give us your feedback.

Cant find what you're looking for?

Check out our A-Z of information, where you can find resources on:

UUK Code logo‌ Student Accommodation Code