Our Residences

Our Residences

Bay Campus

Bay Campus Residences

For full information on Bay Campus click here!

Beck House

Beck House Residences

For full information on Beck House click here!

Hendrefoelan Student Village

Hendrefoelan Student Village Residences (HSV)

For Full information on HSV click here!

Singleton Park Campus

Singleton Park Campus Residences

For full information on Singleton Park Campus click here!

Site Summary

Site Summary

Do you know where you are studying? Check: Singleton Park Department or Bay Campus Departments for more information.

Here at Swansea University, we have a large range of accommodation from Budget to Premium, take time to look at what accommodation will suit your budget and your lifestyle, apply early as some rooms fill up quickly, especially on Singleton Park Campus.  Once you have your student number you can apply for accommodation.

CampusNo.Typical Type of RoomCost Per Week

Bay Campus


Mainly Ensuite Rooms

Ensuite - £138**

Beck House


Mix of Standard & Ensuite Rooms

Ensuite - £120**



All Standard Rooms

Standard - £89**



Mix of Standard & Ensuite Rooms

Ensuite -  £131**

SAS Lettings


Rooms in Shared Houses, Off-Campus

Standard -  £90**

**Costs are based on a Typical Medium Room in that category. Restriction on certain types of accommodation may apply.

Prices vary for different types of accommodation please see: Finance & Fees 

Singleton Park Departments

Singleton Park Campus
College of Arts and Humanities Medical School
College of Law and Criminology College of Science
College of Human & Health Sciences  

If you are studying here, the best accommodation to apply for is Singleton Park Campus then the  Hendrefoelan Student Village which is only 10 mins away by bus.

Bay Campus Departments

Bay Campus
Engineering (all disciplines) Economics
School of Management Sport & Exercise
Computer Science Mathematics
Accounting & Finance  

If you are studying here the best accommodation to apply for is the Bay Campus Accommodation

Ask yourself the following?

What is really important to you in your first year?

Think carefully about each of the following options and what is important to you for the academic year?

  1. Cost - What is your budget? See Residence Fees
  2. Location – Where are you studying? See Maps of Residences
  3. Specific requirements - Something that will affect your accommodation?
  4. Course Length - How long do you need the accommodation 40, 47 or 51 Week of study?
  5. Room Type - Do you want Quiet, Alcohol-Free, Single Sex, or Mature Area?
  6. Do you Live Locally? - Don't sign a Tenancy if you may wish to commute from home!

Designated Areas

We also have the following designated areas

  • Viewing rooms: Get involved with open days and £££s back on your residence fees. For students who don't mind new students taking a peek at their room a couple of times a term.
  • Quiet area - Noise restrictions between 11 pm and 8 am. For those who need their sleep!  
  • Alcohol-free area - Students agree not to consume or store alcohol within the flat/house. 
  • Welsh speakers - Siarad Cymraeg? Specific area for students who want Welsh speaking flatmates.
  • Mature area - This is for students who are over the age of 21. 
  • Postgraduate area - Usually 51-week courses and study after your initial degree.
  • Health science areaHuman and health science students click here. These are normally for an early start and late finish course dates outside of the regular 40-week cohort - We are only able to accommodate these course on Singleton Park Campus or Hendrefoelan Student Village.

Do You Know?

When to apply for accommodation?

When to Apply for Accommodation

  • As soon as you have a student number you can apply for accommodation
  • Applications normally open in February
  • We accept applications for accommodation even if Swansea is your Insurance Choice.
  • We will not allocate you accommodation until your offer to study has been accepted.
  • We do not ask for a deposit unless you are allocated and you wish to accept your offer of accommodation.
  • Click here for more information on applying!

We accept applications for accommodation even if Swansea is your Insurance Choice and we do not ask for a deposit unless you are allocated and you wish to accept your offer of accommodation.

About our Guarantee?

A place in residence is guaranteed to all new full-time undergraduate students who:

  • Hold and accept a firm offer to study on a full-time degree course at Swansea &
  • Make an application for accommodation by 30 June

This means to be guaranteed a place in residence you must be studying full-time, meet the terms of your offer from Swansea and apply for accommodation by 30 June.

Applications received after 30 June are allocated by date alongside Insurance and Clearing Students.

Some residences are very popular and heavily subscribed, therefore, we do not guarantee a place in a particular residence.

For more information see Guarantee and Allocations Process.

If an application is received after 'A' level results or student are coming through Clearing, we appreciate that there is very little time until the start of term starts and it may take a couple of weeks to process your application.  Here are a few things that you can do to prepare, check our pages on preparing for arrival information, this will help you plan.

Our A-Z of Information

We have a whole host of information on our Website including:

What Support is available?

There is a full support network for students from:

  • Our Residence Life Co-ordinator and Residence Life Assistance are here to support you through your time in accommodation.
  • Money@CampusLife provides advice and guidance on all student money-related issues.  For many students, starting university will be the first time they will have managed their own finances. Meeting this challenge successfully will help ensure students achieve their maximum potential whilst studying and will contribute to a positive student experience
  • International@CampusLife provides information and advice on non-academic matters, including immigration advice and services, to all international (non-UK) students and their dependents.
  • Wellbeing@CampusLife, for students experiencing difficulties and need support. They can point you towards what type of service or support would be most beneficial.
  • Disability@CampusLife - If you have a disability, medical condition or specific learning difficulty, contact Disability@CampusLife to find out more about the support that is available to ensure you have the same opportunities as everyone else. 
  • Welfare@CampusLife provides advice and guidance to students on a range of welfare issues including homesickness, culture shock, bereavement, bullying, harassment, relationship breakdowns and much more. Everyone has a different student experience when they start University. Be assured that we are just as concerned about students' welfare as we are about their academic studies and performance.

Unibus Travel Information


Cant find what you're looking for?

Check out our A-Z of information, where you can find resources on:

UUK Code logo‌ Student Accommodation Code