About the Academy
Swansea University's Academy for Professional Development supports and coordinates the development of new and existing employer-facing provision and facilitates cross-discipline collaboration.
Through the Academy for Professional Development, Swansea University aims to develop and deliver high quality, research-led, professional development education and training that is:
- is industry-focused and developed through collaboration
- enhances the skills and knowledge of the professional learner
- delivers a measurable impact to your organisation
- contributes to the economic growth of the community
The vision is for Swansea University to be recognised as a centre of choice for Continuing Professional Development which will, in turn, help organisations to remain innovative, competitive and up to date with the latest research findings or technology; The Academy for Professional Development is the bridge between this vision, and business who aspire to continually develop and grow.
Working closely with business and industry, partners, and industry experts, the Academy for Professional Development is where businesses can develop their staff in specialist subject areas, or create bespoke courses to harness talent and stay ahead of the competition.
The Academy is made up of seven different themes, each of which is made up of different subject areas. The seven themes are:
- Engineering and Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
- Information and Digital Technologies
- Management and Finance
- Law and Social Justice
- Health and Wellness
- Arts, Language and Culture and
- Environment and Sustainability