Why Swansea is a great place to live and study
There are so many reasons why Swansea is a great place to live and study. With a low cost of living and an excellent choice of accommodation options, Swansea is a great choice for international students. Find out why this safe university city is such a popular destination with international students and staff.
Easy To Reach
- Easy access to Cardiff, Bristol, and London airports
- Easy access to tourist destinations like Cardiff, Bristol, Bath, and London
An Amazing Location
- Swansea University has the amazing Singleton Park campus on the beach and our new Bay Campus, which opened in September 2015, is also located on the beach.
- Swansea is on the edge of The Gower, the UK’s first area of outstanding natural beauty and the location of Rhossili Beach, the third best beach in Europe.
- The university is located in a peaceful setting with places like Singleton Park behind the campus, and The Mumbles, a beautiful fishing village, is in walking distance.
A Healthy Lifestyle
We believe in the saying “a healthy mind in a healthy body”, and Swansea will certainly help to keep both in great shape. Choose from:
- Walks on coastal paths and follow the links to Gower and Swansea Bay
- Cycling and mountain biking
- Coasteering and climbing
- Watersports at 360 Swansea
By becoming a student at ELTS and Swansea University, you can also benefit from the university’s sports centre and the Wales National Pool Swansea.
Want to know more? The Visit Swansea Bay website is a great way to find out about things to do in Swansea
As a Swansea University student, you will enjoy a great social life and be able to take part in a wide choice of social events. These are some of the popular activities chosen by ELTS students:
- Visit local castles
- Watch the sun set over the Gower
- Go shopping
- Follow The Swans and The Ospreys, Swansea’s Premier League Football and International Rubgy teams based at the Liberty Stadium
- Visit Swansea Market, the largest indoor market in Wales and a great place to buy fresh food
- Visit Swansea’s museums and galleries
- Enjoy the city’s cafes and bars
- Enjoy Swansea’s great nightlife
- Find out about Swansea’s internationally famous poet, Dylan Thomas, whose centenary was celebrated in 2014