Welcome to English Language /TESOL/ Applied Linguistics
Our degree programmes look at ways of analysing language knowledge and language use across contexts and time. We look at:
- how language is used in everyday communication including in different contexts;
- how language has developed over time;
- how we learn our first language and subsequent languages;
- how language operates in bilingual contexts;
- how we produce and understand language in real time as well as,
- how the underlying language system works for sounds and grammar.