If you have a device that does not have instructions provided for it, then you will have to use the generic instructions below along with the user manual of the device in order to self configure it.
- First make sure you have Registered.
- Once you have registered you need to set up a Wireless Profile. The setting will be:
- SSID / Network Name=eduroam
- Security Type=WPA2 Enterprise
- Network Mode=Infrastructure
- EAP Type=EAP-PEAP (preferred) or EAP-TTLS
- User Name=Email Address email@example.com
- Password=Email Address password.
- Realm / Domain=Leave blank.
- Outer Identityfirstname.lastname@example.org(your swansea email address)
- Fast Reconnect=Yes
- Server SAN=(leave this empty)
- Verify Server Certificate=Yes (optional)
- Global Root Certificate=Swansea University Certificate Authority
- Link to cert: https://swanseauni-wifi.swan.ac.uk/eduroam/swansea-ca.der
- Proxy Server Hostname=wwwcache.swan.ac.uk
- Proxy Server Port=3128
- Proxy Authentication=No.