Our Values and Standards
We are professional - employing creative solutions to showcase the University and meet the needs and expectations of customers, offering integrated processes to support an efficient service delivery.
We work together - in partnership with colleagues to agree messages and priorities and achieve consistency of service delivery. We believe in dignity, fairness and respect for all and adopt a positive, open-minded and flexible approach.
We care - engaging with our customers, developing effective and efficient systems and accurate, accessible, timely and transparent information to meet their expectations.
Commitments and standards
Swansea University’s Department of Marketing, Internationalisation and Development (MID) seeks to provide all users with the highest possible standards of service subject to limitations imposed by budgets. Our aim is that at least 80% of customers find their expectations are either met or surpassed by the service or information they experience or receive. We will seek to increase this percentage year on year, aspiring to achieve a 90% satisfaction rate in all areas by 2020.
The following commitments outline the level of service you can expect from us: -
- The development and implementation of customer-based policies and engagement
- Informing staff about the part they play in delivering service standards and rewarding those who go the extra mile
- Treating all fairly, sensitively and respectfully in accordance with the University’s professional service values
- Responding to enquiries, comments and complaints with friendliness, courtesy and a helpful, positive attitude
- Holding information appropriately and confidentially
- Ensuring that our communications adhere to accessibility standards and are delivered in an accessible manner, both verbal and non-verbal
- Using a consistent corporate brand and accurate, up-to-date and accessible information including clear contact details
- Applying knowledge and information to instil confidence and facilitate successful actions such as applications, records of changes in circumstances, etc.
- Host pleasant, welcoming and effective reception areas with appropriate staffing levels for customer-facing services
- Undertake regular customer feedback to refine activities and business plans
- Analyse and publish the results of audience engagement
- Resolve enquiries and problems quickly and effectively by dealing with customers at first point of contact, responding to enquiries within 2-3 working days in normal circumstances, advising customers should delays occur and logging, monitoring and promoting action effectively
- Apply good communication techniques through the progress of enquiries such as responding within 5 rings of the telephone, transferring callers to a more appropriate person if and when required, checking that the most appropriate person is available to take the call before transferring it and offering to call back if answers are not immediately known
- Offer a bilingual service - arranging for any enquirer who wishes to converse in Welsh to be transferred to an appropriate colleague
- Respond to complaints in accordance with relevant policies
We would be happy to hear your views on our service. Please email MIDviews@swansea.ac.uk