Leave, Flexible Working and Absence
Swansea University offers different arrangements and types of leave to support our staff. We aim to support you in achieving a healthy work/life balance through our various flexible working and leave policies.
The University recognises that having a range of flexible working arrangements in place can contribute to enabling you to better balance the competing demands between personal interests and work. The University has policies that support a work/life balance which assists with improved recruitment and retention, reduced levels of absenteeism and stress, as well as increased motivation and job satisfaction.
The University also recognises that there is no one size fits all approach to flexible working and so there are various procedures in place for the different situations and needs of staff that may arise.
Below are some useful links for information on leave, flexible working and absence policies:
- Annual leave - leave entitlement and calculator
- Holidays - bank holiday and christmas closure dates
- Shared parental, adoption, maternity and paternity leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Sickness absence
- Special leave - such as time off for care of dependants, bereavement etc.
- Other types of leave - such as study and sabbatical leave