Swansea University is committed to ensuring that high quality Professional Services staff are recruited, developed and retained in order to deliver the University’s strategic objectives. The University is committed to regularly review organisational structures to ensure they are best able to ensure quality, efficiency and effectiveness. The University recognises the need to provide a transparent, fair and consistent process to ensure the principles of ‘equal pay for equal value’ and the ability to grow and motivate excellent staff.
There are three possible mechanisms for restructuring Professional Services:
Mechanism 1 – Whole Institution Professional Services Review (PSR)
This is a mechanism to scope a whole function across the institution and consequently realign College and Professional Services.
Mechanism 2 – PSMT Transfer
This is a mechanism to transfer whole functions from one area to another to ensure better alignment with the University’s priorities will be agreed by PSMT.
Mechanism 3 – Business Planning Structural Revisions
This is a mechanism to deal with smaller scale or localised restructures involving from one post to a team or section.
All of these mechanisms share the following principles:
- Meaningful consultation with staff
- Prevention of possible compulsory redundancy
- Grading of roles
- Clear and future-focussed Job Descriptions which include either the Professional Service Values or Leadership Values, as appropriate
- Clear and appropriate person specifications
- Fair selection from within the identified pool
- Commitment to providing development opportunities for staff
- Commitment to providing equality of opportunity for staff
For support and Guidance please contact your HR Business partner