Benefits of Working at Swansea University
Swansea University provides an enviable working environment, supported by a welcoming campus community. Our benefits are inclusive for staff of all backgrounds, including LGBT+ staff, disabled staff, pregnant staff, parents and carers, as well as staff of all genders, ages, ethnicities, nationalities, religion and beliefs, and marriage and civil partnership status.
In addition to the pay and benefits listed in advertisements, the University also offers a range of benefits, including:
A generous annual leave entitlement (between 37-39 days leave per year, including bank holidays).
Flexible working allows staff to adjust their working hours or work pattern in discussion with their line manager to achieve their ideal work/life balance.
Parental, Adoption, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Shared Parental leave: You and your partner will be entitled to share 52 weeks shared parental leave during the first year. You may also be entitled to enhanced shared parental pay for some or all of the leave you wish to take.
- Generous maternity leave and pay for those who have completed at least 52 weeks continuous service by the estimated date of childbirth.
- Paternity leave: you are entitled to take a maximum of two weeks off; at full pay if you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Enhanced Adoption leave and pay for staff who have 26 weeks service with the University.
Crèche facilities on campus: the Students' Union Day Nursery provides high quality childcare for children aged three months to eight years, with competitive rates.
Membership of a Pension Scheme is offered to all staff with University contributions.
Our Uni Rewards
Our Uni Rewards is an online benefits portal offering:
- A cycle to work salary sacrifice scheme
- A car leasing salary sacrifice scheme
- A shopping discount scheme, both online and instore with a discount card
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Childcare voucher scheme: purchase up to £243 (depending on your tax band) of childcare vouchers a month, tax and National Insurance free, to use with a participating provider.
Health and Wellbeing Services
Health and wellbeing services on campus: medical centre, dental surgery, sports centre, staff counselling service and osteopathic clinic.
Competitive salary scales including increments relating to length of service.
An attractive staff bursary to support you towards gaining further qualifications.
Commitment to Equality and Diversity
A commitment to promoting and mainstreaming equality and diversity in all its activities.