Swansea University is committed both to protecting freedom of speech and academic freedom and to protecting and safeguarding its students & staff from the risk of being drawn into terrorism.
Our policy outlines Swansea University’s commitment to preventing staff and students from being drawn into terrorism. In doing so we recognise that terrorism can be associated with a range of ideologies.
This Policy applies to all individuals who come into contact with Swansea University, including but not limited to Swansea University students, staff, visiting speakers, honorary positions and directors, as well as all Swansea University Students’ Union clubs, societies, course representatives, volunteers, sabbatical officers and Board of Trustees.
- Swansea University is committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which the principles of academic freedom and of freedom of speech underpin our mission.
- Swansea University is committed to ensuring vulnerable individuals are safeguarded from being drawn into terrorism.
- Swansea University will seek to identify, protect and support individuals who it believes may be at risk of being drawn into terrorism.
- Swansea University discharges this responsibility in partnership with other agencies, including the Police, Local Authorities and the network of regional Prevent Co-ordinators.
- Swansea University will contribute to the multi-agency Prevent agenda.